Borrow up to KSh 30,000 in cash. Money sent directly to your M-PESA. Kenya’s popular online lending app with 10M+ installs. Download now!
Use our line of credit product to access money whenever you need it. Our flexible tenures and daily pricing allow you to pay less interest if you repay early. If you need more time, simply pay for the extra days you need. The best part? You could double your limits in two months.
KEY TALA FEATURES
• You are in full control of your repayment date
• Choose to borrow for as short as 1 day or as long as 60 days
•If your plans change, the cost of your line of credit will automatically adjust
• No auto-debit guaranteed. You decide when you are ready to repay
NO HIDDEN FEES
• Daily interest rate as low as of 0.3% (that is only KSh 6 per day for borrowing Ksh 2000)
• Only pay for days you need
• No access charges
FAST LIMIT GROWTH
• Limits up to KSh 30,000
• Fastest limit growth in the industry
• Most customers double their limit in months
• Repeat access to cash. Pay back what you owe in full & borrow again immediately (some exclusions apply)
• Answer a few questions in the app and you are set
• Tala secures your personal information with SSL encryption
• We pride ourselves in treating customers with respect, even if you are late on repayment
• Earn KSh 500 off the next time you borrow when you refer friends to Tala!*
HOW IT WORKS
• Apply in minutes
Download the app and answer a few questions so we can give you a customized offer. No paperwork, collateral, or bank account needed. Only your ID is needed.
• Choose your terms
Confirm your desired amount and select your target repayment date.
• Get your cash
Funds sent directly to your MPESA.
• Repay easily
Use M-PESA Xpress or our Paybill number 851900 and the phone number you signed up with. You can pay in full or make partial payments anytime, on or before your due date.
• Borrow again
After repaying, answer a few short questions to receive your next round of funds.
WHO CAN APPLY
✔️ Any resident citizen of Kenya and 18+ years old
✔️ Has a valid ID and a mobile number
PERSONAL LINE OF CREDIT TERMS
• Credit limit amounts: KSh 1,000 to KSh 30,000
• Daily interest rate: 0.3%-0.6% plus 20% excise tax on your daily interest
• Maximum Annual Percentage Rate (APR): 109.50% – 219.00%
• Late payment interest: 8% of outstanding amount due plus 20% excise tax on that 8%
You will need to repay your credit amount in full no later than 60 days after disbursement to avoid a late payment charge.
• Example interest: For a borrower who receives KSh 4,000 and repays after 60 days, they would owe interest of 18% (or KSh 720) and excise tax of 20% of interest (or KSh 144), and so a total payment of KSh 4,864
• KSh 4,000 (borrowed amount) + KSh 720 (interest)+ KSh 144 (excise tax) = KSh 4,864 (total payment)
You will have continuous access to cash if you clear your outstanding balance and keep your Tala relationship in good standing (some exclusions apply). Always study the terms and conditions and the disclosure statements before proceeding with any transaction.
We always work towards making our products better for our users. If you see offerings that differ from what is described above please don’t hesitate to contact us.
PRIVACY & PERMISSIONS
Email: [email protected]
* Referral terms & conditions: tala.co.ke/referrals
Tala is not a personal loan app. We provide recurring access to credit to consumers in the form of a personal line of credit.